A big thank you to those who dropped by the Book Lovers Buffet Facebook Party. It seemed a good time was had by all, and it gave me some awesome ideas for the release of PIECES of LOVE next month. That's right...only six weeks left until the release of my next contemporary YA romance.
For indie authors, that final six weeks is a frenetic whirlwind of to-do's. In case you're interested, this is what still has to be done:
1) Complete final proof (this entails a second printing of proof copies to make sure every detail is as it should be--including cover, blurb, and as close to perfect as possible interior).
2) Send out review copies to reviewers (I'd love to hand this off to a personal assistant since it entails about two eight hour days consisting of busy work like filling out each review sites forms and meeting their individual submission requirements--a tedious and necessary evil).
3) Complete book trailer (hubby is helping out with this and hopefully, it'll be done this week!)
4) Compile blog posts for my blog tour.
5) Update website--in process.
6) Create and order bookmarks, swag, and other giveaway items.
7) Send finished manuscript to formatter. ( Previously, I've done my own formatting, but because I'm adding the theme song to the e-book, this one will be a bit tricky, so I'm seeking help from a pro, Amy Atwell of Author EMS, who is a gem to work with).
8) Prepare for launch day, including wrangling a few celebrity guests to appear. (Party time!)
9) Order final print copies and upload to retailers.
10) Update all of my social media sites, author pages, and promotional venues with book info and buy links.
11) Take a vacation! Already in the works is a long overdue visit to my son in California. So looking forward to hanging out with my boy and taking a ten day road trip up the Pacific coastline with my wonderful husband.
As you can see, it's going to be a very busy six weeks. But no worries, I'll continue to write my thousand words or so a day on book three of the Chronicles of Lily Carmichael trilogy to stay on target with my schedule for a fall release and poke my head out of my writer's cave to do some giveaways over on my Facebook PJ Sharon Books page. If you haven't done so, pop on over and "like" my page so you can get in on all the fun. That's where the release party will be held on June 21st and you won't want to miss it.
If you can't wait until June to read the book, why not try your luck at winning an advanced copy. Enter the Goodreads giveaway below for a chance to win one of three signed copies--weeks ahead of the release date!
You can also get your copy of the PIECES of LOVE theme song right now, available on i-Tunes for .99 cents. Follow the link and listen to the sample. Yes, that's me singing!
Lots to do, so that's it for now. Feel free to leave comments below--I always love hearing from readers.
Peace and blessings,